Having proven the product, market, team capabilities, and economics in our core UAE market, we believe that Enerwhere is now ready to scale. We want you to be part of that growth and our journey, as nothing can be more fulfilling than to say 'I was there from the beginning!'.
This is a unique investment moment where great solar economics and improving the environment converge. Your investment will help Enerwhere scale rapidly in the commercial & industrial solar space and will reduce harmful diesel emissions and lower costs for businesses all over the UAE and beyond.
Not convinced yet? Please see below to find out why we started Enerwhere and some of our amazing achievements so far.
Dirty diesel generators are a necessary power solution for millions of businesses worldwide. The spend on diesel generation in the Middle East & Africa is $6-$8 billion annually. Enerwhere’s solar hybrid power is cheaper and cleaner than conventional diesel generators and can directly compete in this enormous market. For a typical business, our solution can offer clients financial savings of up to 20%. Our solution is fully modular and easily transportable. As a result, we are the only company worldwide able to deploy MW-scale temporary solar power plants within weeks, allowing us to offer our services on contracts from six months up to 25 years.
• Triple digit annual revenue growth, with over $7 million already booked for 2017 from $8-$10 million forecasted
• Profitable core business with massive growth potential in adjacent market segments & geographies
• Ranked #18 in Forbes Middle East list of the Most Promising UAE Startups 2016
• Won Middle East Solar Industry Association (MESIA) "Project of the Year 2014" award for 5 MW solar-hybrid project at TDIC's Saadiyat Accommodation Village in Abu Dhabi
• Certified Contractor under DEWA’s Shams Dubai Initiative, with large pipeline of solar rooftop plants for schools, factories & warehouses in the UAE
Use of Funds
• New Technology Offering: Bringing our next generation solar-battery construciton site solutions and cleaning robots to market increasing our margins and opening new markets worth up to USD$40 million
• Assets: Purchase of solar assets to increase revenue streams on our existing off-grid contract pipeline of 100 MW
• Working Capital: Build inventory to further decrease our deployment times from 4-6 weeks to under 1 week
• Finance Options: Building out a more extensive finance offering to be able to offer more contracts on a lease basis
• Market Development: Building market entry & reference plants in neighboring countries (Oman, Qatar, KSA)
Meet the Team
Founder & CEO
Prior to founding Enerwhere, Daniel held roles at Ambata Capital, Booz & Company, A.T. Kearney and DEG (KfW Group). He honed his experience of renewble energy in the MENA region working with Masdar. Daniel holds a master’s degree in International Business from Maastricht University and is the co-author of several studies on the potential for renewable energy in Europe and the Middle East.
Chief Operating Officer
Stefan has over 15 years of strategy and operations experience at Deloitte Consulting, OC&C Strategy, Dubai Economic Council, Accenture Strategy in Europe and the Middle East. Stefan successfully managed multiple cross-country and cross-function transformation initiatives. He has MBA in Business from Kellog School of Management.
Strategic Finance Director
Alice has worked as a renewable energy consultant in the MENA and West Africa regions for over 6 years for organisations such as IFC and Adam Smith International. Trained as a project finance lawyer at McCann Fizgerald in Ireland, she has a masters in climate change and energy from Columbia University where she was awarded a fellowship and Fulbright scholarship for energy and environment.
Head - Data Analytics / R&D
Hassan is a seasoned clean energy engineer with more than 5 years experience in the Middle East. Prior to joining Enerwhere, Hassan was the VP of Applications at RG Safa Energy where his clients included Saudi Aramco, Booz Allen Hamilton, RAK Gas and Dubai Airports. Hassan holds a MSc. in Sustainable Energy Engineering & Entrepreneurship from the University of Nottingham and a BSc(hons) in Biology & Business.
Head - Off-grid Division
Feras has delivered 5 MW of solar projects in the MENA region including some of the region's first in Jordan. He has had a diverse career in sustainability, finance and consultancy working for Mustakbal Cleantech and Sustainability Excellence before joining Enerwhere. Feras graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Power & Energy Engineering from PSUT in Amman.
Jamie brings almost 20 years of entrepreneurial sales, marketing and business development experience, including the development and commercialization of new solar technologies. Jamie joined Enerwhere and the region from Canada where he was president and director of sales at Solarmass Ltd.
Head - Distributed Generation
Gorkem Soyumer co-developed Enerwhere's our innovative solar-hybrid system, the first in the region. He holds a Master of Science in Management of Energy and Sustainability (MES) from Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) in Switzerland.
Country Director - Nigeria
Emeline, through Enerwhere, is delivering the first 1.5 MW of commercial and industrial solar power to Nigeria. Instrumental in development of Enerwhere's business model in MENA, she is now looking to replicate the model in Africa's largest economy. She holds a Master of Science in Management of Energy and Sustainability (MES) from Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) in Switzerland.